Sunday, June 21, 2009

Need to get a camera

Not like that would have helped capture all the moments from last nights run from Chantry Flats to the finish on the AC course but at some point would have gotten a few good pics. The plan was to run the 26 miles last night and then get up this morning and run it again but unfortunately last nights run did not go as planned.

I am getting a little better at running at night but once again had to contend with heavy fog and light mist and couple that with the fact I did not know where I was going was a recipe for disaster. Still the run itself was rather enjoyable as I got to catch up with Jamil Coury and his brothers who were just out there for the fun of it as Jamil gets ready for Hardrock next month and his two brothers will be along for the crew/pacing duties. The downfall to the run was that I missed a few turns and over the 26 miles I probably went to the bathroom more times than miles ran and I only drank a bottle and a half of fluids. Not sure what that means but it did worry me enough not to go out and run again this morning. Oh well tomorrow morning before work I will put in another 7 or so trail miles and get ready for WS. Even though I am not running the race I need to be in solid condition to get Kyle the finishing time that he wants.

The upside was that I think I found my liquid calories. I was out testing the new version of Succeed's Amino drink and had great results. The lemon lime flavor was spot on and felt like I had energy for the entire training session. The flavor of their original Amino drink did not work well for me so this could be a good sign. Will test it out again when I am pacing at WS and hopefully this will be the missing link.


No comments: